The “Open School” project, thanks to a Management Act by Apulia Region (Department of Development, Employment and Innovation policies – Industrial and Innovation research service) n. 209 on May 28 2013, has been awarded the grant provided by the “LIVING LABS SMARTPUGLIA 2020” Announcement, Support to the development of SMEs specialised in digital contents and services – Apulian ICT Living Labs in the Puglia O. P. ERDF 2007-2103, Axe 1 – Line 1.4 – Action 1.4.2.
This project consists in the realization of a one-integrated system of digital services; these are required by several educational institutes in the regional territory as supporting tools for the management of administrative and educational procedures, as required by the Code of Digital Administration and by the remaining norms concerning distribution and sharing of open data.
This will be possible through the planning and the development of a modular and integrated platform which can be configurated according to the features of the User-Institute and which uses the web as the main channel, besides the mobile devices commonly used. In this way schools will adopt innovative sistems for the management of administrative and educational procedures, as well as for communicating with families and other educational institutes. As a consequence, the services offered to students and to their families will improve.
- Analysis and understanding of the technological needs of the end users;
- definition of interactions between the different participants involved;
- prototyping and customization of solutions;
- testing and experimentation of new technologies in real-world applications that meet the detected needs;
- demonstration and presentation of the prototype solutions developed, in order to make them usable by more user communities involved;
- analysis of the results obtained from the testing process.
- After the mapping phase of the basic needs, the activities aims will be specified.